I went looking for recommendations about cleaning in the time of a pandemic.
Below are links to 10 different websites and a brief discussion of what’s there. The complete article is available by following the link.
- List of high-touch areas, including some you may not have thought of: fridge handle, etc.
- List of CDC recommended disinfection cleaners and how to use them.
- What DIY cleaners can be used.
- A discussion about different surfaces.
- Links to articles about organizing and disinfecting otherwise.
5 Tips for Spring Cleaning:
- Use the extra time.
- Make a list and divide it up.
- Get rid of the clutter.
- DIY some cleaners.
- Take before/after pics.
- Clean AND disinfect, includes a list of high-touch areas.
- Use the right products to disinfect.
- Dust throughly.
- Vacuum and deep clean carpets.
- Clean/organize linens.
- Scour tiles.
- Wipe down windows.
- Organize seasonal items.
- Polish brass/stainless.
- Clean wood furniture.
- Reseal grout/disinfect bathroom.
- Don’t try to do all the cleaning at once.
Discussion about deep cleaning. Includes link to CDC’s cleaning recommendations. Also talks about affect of the pandemic on cleaning companies.
What to clean, with what products, in detail, from the US government agency. Includes:
- Updated links to EPA-registered disinfectant list
- Added guidance for disinfection of electronics
- Updated core disinfection/cleaning guidance
- Links to: OSHA COVID-19 site, the CDC Homecare Guidance site, and a link for people with pets.
How to clean at home, at work, and what to do when you have to go out. Also links to CDC, US Food & Drug, OSHA, World Health and FDA sites.
Article about what all the extra cleaning means for garbage companies, etc.
- Places to clean more often.
- High touch areas.
- Things you might not have thought to clean.
- Where/how to keep items you may be culling.
- Discussion of symptoms.
An entertaining article on the current dilemma about housecleaning for professional women and cleaning during the pandemic. Well written.
- What to clean, how often.
- Deep cleaning list.
- Self-quarantine cleaning list.