Today my new dining room rugs came. This meant that I had to:
- ✔️Take the table apart so it could be cleaned throughly.
- ✔️Clean the chairs throughly.
- ✔️ Move the rug which was under the table. (It fills the room, the other 1/2 of it has still to be moved.)
- ✔️ Unpacked the rugs when they came. They are different lengths. One of my money-saving strategies is that I buy runners or smaller rugs and lay them side by side. This doesn’t work when the rugs aren’t the same size. (I called the company, they are shipping me 2 more rugs and return labels for the two which came today.)
- Oh yeah. I also cleaned the oven. Or rather I had the oven clean the oven!
- And I made sausage/veggie soup for dinner.
DH, bless him, loaded the dishwasher after dinner.
This doesn’t sound like all that much, but it was a lot. The dining room is one isolated spot in the part of the kitchen which is storage. Boxes stacked 4 or 5 high.
Tomorrow? Tomorrow, so I can get the old rug outta there? I have to go through the boxes, etc. still on it. Then remove it.
The plan is to then put the rug into the attic. Which, you might have guessed, is full of boxes — mostly boxes of books. (Surprised? Well, no.)