I actually DO get things done, daily. The house is still overwhelming. Here’s what I did yesterday:
- Worked on raking the lawn (not finished)
- Cleaned my car (exterior) and waxed the hood
- Peaches cleaned and peeled
- Cleared ugly food (leftovers which have become science projects or are about to) from fridge
- Two loads of construction debris taken to the dump
- Three loads of laundry started, two completed
- Work on the cleaning plan
- Regular household trash taken to the dump.
- I did two loads of dishes, DH did another. (The fridge cleanout generated a lot of things to wash!)
- Cleaned the toilet, sink and tub
- Bought more freezer containers
- Figured out a way to store the 2nd hose on the boat steering wheel I’d kept for the purpose, though I’d never actually done that.
Here’s what I’ve done today, so far (10 a.m.):
- Swept and mopped the kitchen floor.
- Started the load of laundry (3rd load from yesterday) in the dryer.
- Started the first load of laundry in the washer.
- Culled melons and cut them prepatory to freezing.
- Went through the peppers, prepatory to dealing with them
- Cleaned the broom, bucket and mop, although I haven’t gotten them put away, yet.
- Dealt with the dirty, wet rags.
As of 11, you can add: dealt with the peaches, blueberries, and melon (cut, labeled & stored). Dishes washed from that effort.
Also, I can see myself sliding down the fanatic scale: from hoarder to OCD. Some of that I want to encourage, some if it, as I’ve said before, I really want to avoid!
- I vac’d the end of the broom after I swept the floor to get the dust bunnies off of it.
- I asked DH yesterday to shut off the hose for me when I was done washing my car, but told him to not put the hose away as I didn’t like the way he coils it. (True.)
- Found a place to put the bucket away yesterday with the soap, shop towels, car wax, etc. inside of it so that all the car washing tools are in one place, and it looks tidy (all in the bucket).
- Told DH this morning that the little vac needed to be cleaned very soon, because I’d cleaned up a wet mess and it would not be good to let the remains dry in the vac. (He does this most of the time; I’m allergic to dust mites!)
- Found a place for one of the bigger flashlights to be stored when not in use. It has been clutter — as it floated. It had no designated place to be put away. (There are many things like this in our home. Too many!)