The plan now is not just a mini-split and general culling; it’s a final culling, mini-split prep and a major reorganization.
I have been in contact with my friend authors whose books I still have and asked if they’d like copies of their books? And explained. So far 3 of 3 have said yes. Nice!
I made a list of the various things set aside for people that need to be mailed. Many of them are ready to go, tomorrow. Two sets were mailed today: some books sent out for resale and other books sent as a donation to a conference organizer.
But there are other packages too: many of them. Art work going to family, heirlooms to same, I figure there’s about 8 more packages I’ll mail away in the next week or so. That will help. Will it solve the problem? No, of course not. But it’s a step in the right direction.
I made a 2nd list of things waiting to be hung up: mostly art work, of course.
We figure that we’ll take pictures, maybe, to document the big steps in the culling. Then maybe do the same for the reorganization/rehab. We may have access to a tiny grant. Not enough to do a lot with, but it should be enough to replace the ramp outside one door — the current version isn’t wide enough for a wheelchair or walker and it doesn’t have hand rails.
Last night, I went to sleep thinking about free resources we could tap into: aging councils, AARP, Home Depot’s kitchen designers, etc.
So, this blog will still for the immediate future be about culling stuff, but then is slated to make a major shift.
Also, an announcement I’ve been putting off for some time. The memoir has sold. If/when I have a publication release date, I’ll post it here.
But in the meantime, this blog is going to go into high gear and then change directions!
(I have no idea where I got the image from. I’ve used it before. it is NOT mine!)