I’m still deleting old emails, back to at least 2012 now. I’m down to 27,400 unread emails. Remember this? I had 28,000 unread emails then. Not remarkable progress, but actually, it is when you consider that of course I’m still getting daily emails and I’m not doing the deletions except now and then. That’s 600 unread emails I’ve eliminated in about a month. Definite progress. ||Still working on this, but not as fast, with all the new ones I’m only down 30 this morning. 3/5/19 See next post for updated, corrected number! 3/6/19
- There’s a hole in our kitchen where the old freezer was. I need to do a major clean up in the kitchen because the new-to-us freezer
is supposed to be here Thursday. Next week! 3/6/19
- I used up 2 packages of frozen food with last night’s dinner. Haven’t added it to the tracking, but I will. When we took everything out of the freezer to defrost it, I made a brief catalog. Now I should know EXACTLY what’s in the freezer. I’ll use the basic form I came up with to track our food usage and put the data in there. Then I’ll know what I’ve got, mostly. There’s still the fridge’s freezer;it hasn’t been tallied. . . .
- I need to finish pulling together business data. That got set aside. My appointment is next week, so it definitely all needs to be done before that.
- Part of making enough room on the porch for the old freezer: eliminating a trash bag o’ stuff, and 2 boxes of books were unpacked into the house.
- There’s 1 full box for the bookstore in ME, there’s one of priced books to go to the booth, and 2 more flea market boxes. The check was sent off for the flea market. I gave a book to a friend.
- The last check needs to go out this week for the farm food.
- We need to find another cord of DRY wood.
That kitchen clean up effort is on-going. In the dump bin are the ms. for a book I’ll never finish, because the internet made it obsolete. In the shred folder are the W-2s for years before we were married? (Four decades or so ago.) Also the review from my first 6 months as a professional writer!
Posted in calendar, cleaning, cleaning up, Culling, dehoarding, Digging Out from Under, Food, food waste, future plans, Getting Organized, Goals, home improvements, Kitchen rehab, Making Home, old fashioned housewifery, organization, pantry, Planning, projects, scheduling, stuff
Tagged books out, financial paperwork, food waste, freezer, getting it done, kitchen clean up, porch clean up
Did some of the remaining laundry — what we didn’t do was the rags/sponges, towels/napkins, and hand-wash. The household clean/use stuff is two buckets. That’s been done. Haven’t tackled the hand-wash, yet.
DH and I discussed my idea for the laundry to replace the peg rack.
monster peg rack and the last (I had 4?) glass washboard went to the antique booth this afternoon. [Sold!] We sold the old supermarket coffee grinder and DH’s chopping knife from overseas. Yeah! Where the glass washboard was in the laundry room now has a wire basket hanging there, in fact it has 2. This is great — editing the stuff and getting the look I want too.
I also worked on the “new” appliance. We a few weeks back bought a used, dirty commercial freezer via Craig’s list. It was cheap. We weren’t sure if it would work or not and decided we’d take the chance it would. I have tackled the thing with bleach water twice now and we plugged it in. It works. Huzzah! So, the next step is new gaskets for it (they were truly disgustingly dirty). After that? It gets cleaned at least one more time, then it will be moved into the kitchen. If we can get our old dining room table out to the antique store before that, the space for it will be easy. If not, it will require moving the empty space around, as per usual here.
And I organized the paint crate. Consolidated two storage places into one, yeah! I did that with some spices yesterday too. It all counts. (Or would, if I was still counting!)
I have work I have to do!
Posted in appliances, cleaning, cleaning up, Culling, dehoarding, Digging Out from Under, future plans, Getting Organized, house decoration, Making Home, Storage
Tagged freezer, laundry, paint crate