I was right; I shouldn’t feel virtuous. Between doing what I did: going to the dump, the hardware store, packing DH’s car to go to the dump the second time (which he did), going to the thrift shop to drop off goods to consign/get $ from the last time, tutoring my student, etc. I did NOT get Wednesday’s list done, much less posted.
However, here it is, along with today’s. And there are some things which have been removed from the backlog as they were done. Nothing significant perhaps, but just the same, they’re gone.
- Dust the cuprack.
- Get some of the cleaned laundry hung up which isn’t.
- Do a short inventory of the meat in the big freezer. (Probably something like 1 chicken, 3 lbs ground round, and 1 other package of mixed chicken parts. . . but I don’t know exactly!)
- Get the rice in one place, instead of 2-3, as it is now.
- Clean, wax, organize the snow scoop, shovels, etc.
- Use the commercial napkins for their intended craft, or get rid of them!
- Dust the stair fan.
- Get the odd pieces of insulation into the basement.
- Check the water heater’s filter, does it need to be cleaned?
- Sand some of the marks from the floor, at the edges.
- Deal with the squashes from the farm.
- Make room with the cold cereal for the hot cereal to go too.
Sew the area rugs in the pantry together.Tues. 11/7 2:15 p.m.
- Get the island/kitchen side cleared.
- Update linked in.
- (fill in) Send checks to publisher and BIL.
- (fill in) Finish the freezer/fridge cleaning. More done, but not complete. 7:00 p.m. Move to on-going.
- Work on the house binder.
- Clean out the small ice box.
- Get through the last of the tomatillos.
- (fill in) Get things put away in attic which need to go there and
pull something out which needs to go elsewhere.Sat. pulled something out.
- (fill in)Put laundry away.
- Clean the oven, so it’s clean before Thanksgiving!
- Dust the electronics in the office.
- Eat the last watermelon.
- Cull or add to the candle collection, as needed.
- Get the mittens, etc. (winter gear) out of the attic and swap in the summer bill caps, etc.
- Get the salt & sand next to the front door.
- Clean the couch.
- Get the coffee ad framed.
- Clean part of the upstairs that hasn’t been touched in some time.
- Double check the emergency supplies. (fill in)
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Put the grill away.
- Put the tile in the basement. (I recently acquired a LOT of mosaic tiles.)
- Get the ladders put away for the season.
- Get the supplies for the knitted pillow all in one place so you can finish it!
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
- Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.
- Find a new home for the cat towel basket. (Old towels used for car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason:
Pick up the yard, put more items away for winter. 11/3 Chairs put away, hoses, hose table.
(All need to be covered.)Also not-so-great paint in the shed. Raked around the house, or most of it. (Need to pick up leaf piles.)
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Deferred because I have THREE containers of general metal polish.
I want to use up at least oneof those before I make up more. I sure don’t need 4!!!
Go thru the record collection, cull. First part done. Moving to in-process 10/27, 2nd piece done 11/2
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go.Two pairs to go. Use up the eggplant from last week.Used the first one for Sunday’s dinner. 2nd one used Fri. lunch. (2 to go!) done, 11/2
Fertilize the lawn. Did the dooryard lawn and the lawn on the street side of the bulb bed. Tues. 4:30 p.m. Lots more to do!
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
4/35 or 11.4%.5/35 or 14.3%