Here’s what remains of the old lists. These are going to be used as “fill ins” when appropriate, or if I just get them done, they’ll be noted.
My plan is to start anew, Monday 1/8, and see if I can’t get this idea to work the way it is supposed to, that is, NOT have lingering chores, for months. The malingering list indicates to me that the tasks were too intensive, too time consuming, or ?. As I’ve said before, the idea is that the tasks are short, simple things to do, not involved or complex.
Here’s the outstanding backlog. If I eliminate a task, I’ll note why or if I complete it, I’ll do the usual line-through and date.
- Send the family pics, etc. to the cousin and school who want them.
Cull the veggie seeds andDone sometime in 12/2017. figure out what to order.
- Make the first patterns for the chair reupolstery effort.
- Work on the back storage.
il the sharpening stones.Done, date unknown 2/2018.
- Put up the new pantry labels.
- Design the pattern for the hearth rug. Has been designed and redesigned, and redesigned, several times. May still be changed, yet again. 2/2018
Measure some area for the “house book.”Done some time in Dec. We measured how big the backsplash was because we thought we were going to buy a new one. (We didn’t.) We also measured the bathroom vanity because we were going to buy a new one of those (We did.)
- Research the newspaper job idea.
- Get the floor waxer into the attic.
- Data entry on the accounting or food planning idea.
- Work on the new food inventory/planning idea.
- Swim, at least once and pick up your swim ticket.
Eliminate more duplicates.I do this all the time. I have a box of dupe books going to a friend at some point already made up.
- Get the junk OUT of at least one defined place.
pen the Christmas trunk, see if you want to keep it all?Done sometime before Christmas.
- (fill in) Get the accounting up to date, so you haven’t got a panic for the taxes! (MONTH:
1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) Get some of the cleaned laundry hung up which isn’t.I’ve been doing this almost daily for a while now. Do a short inventory of the meat in the big freezer. (Probably something like 1 chicken, 3 lbs ground round, and 1 other package of mixed chicken parts. . . but I don’t know exactly!)As of right now, 1/12/18, there are exactly 1 package of meat in the freezer, a package of pork chops. I don’t need a list! 1/12/18
- Get the rice in one place, instead of 2-3, as it is now.
Clean, wax, organize the snow scoop, shovels, etc.Not sure when this got done, but it is. Christmas 2017
- Use the commercial napkins for their intended craft, or get rid of them!
- Get the odd pieces of insulation into the basement.
Check the water heater’s filter, does it need to be cleaned?DH did this sometime in Dec., not sure when?
- Sand some of the marks from the floor, at the edges.
- Update linked in.
- Work on the house binder.
- Clean out the small ice box.
- (fill in)Put laundry away.
- Eat the last watermelon.
- Clean the couch.
- Get the coffee ad framed.
Clean part of the upstairs that hasn’t been touched in some time.Bathroom closet: demoed, patched, primed, painted…. 1-2/2018
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
closet/niche done 1-2/2018.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Find a new home for the cat towel basket. (Old towels used for car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Down to one container 12/7/17, when that is low/out, I will make up the Naval Academy polish, if I can find the recipe again!
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go. Two pairs to go.
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
6/35 or 17.1%