I have many indicators that I am slipping to the other side:
- I’m scraping off the “dirty” part of the soap bar and using that when I wash my hands.
- I’m thinking that scissors and other tools with dark handles save cleaning fingerprints from them.
- When I toss something, almost anything, I think, “One less piece of clutter . . . “
- I started wrapping the cord to the upright vac with crossed loops. Fewer loops, much neater!
- Our TP holder has room for a 2nd roll behind. I stopped putting the 2nd roll hole forward and instead put it the same way as the roll we’re using… less visual clutter.
- I’ve been cataloging, pricing, and tagging items before I leave home. No more wondering if I’d paid $2 for something or $4? I know the mark-up is adequate, and since I know my pricing schema, I know enough when I start mark downs what I likely paid for the item. $3 is my bottom price, if I can’t sell something for $3 in a week, it’s not worth bothering with. That is the hard-won knowledge of years of retailing and my old inclination to keep things. I’m getting ruthless!
- Becoming OCD is catching, did you know? DH is reorganizing his workshop. He’s using a Space Budget (although he doesn’t call it that).
- I’ve decided that I love contractions, abbreviations, ampersands & question marks: shorter and tidier writing. (I really am OCD! Tidy writing??? )
Any minute now, I will become that monster: the woman who won’t go outside because her hair gets messed, who wipes the table whenever anyone lifts a cup from it!
If you know me IRL, please TELL me
if when I go too far. Please! How do you avoid falling off a cliff?
Posted in behaviors, cleaning up, Culling, Digging Out from Under, disasters, Getting Organized, healing, Hoarding, home improvements, house decoration, learning, Life Lessons, Making Home, minimalism, New Habits, organization, psychological stuff, self-interest, status, stuff, unexpected results, Using up stuff
Tagged flip side, going over the edge, hoarder to neat-freak in one easy step!, OCD, swinging the other way, the dark side
Much of the reason I’m doing this post is because frankly I want the satisfaction of seeing the MUCH smaller list after all my work yesterday (10/27)!
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Remount the last yardstick.
- Find a new home for the basket which holds the “cat towels.” (Old towels used for whatever is needed: car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
- Pick up the yard, put more items away for winter.
Clean the ironing board, iron, & supplies. The cover is washed, I will replace the pad at some point and the board feet, etc. have all been cleaned as has the iron. Fri. 5:00 p.m.
Polish some of the metal decorative pieces.Sat. noon
Dry the mint/lemon balm. Sun. 5 p.m.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Replace the saved emergency water supply. (I deliberately used the old water supply this summer.)
- Put the tile in the basement. (I recently acquired a LOT of mosaic tiles.)
- Get the ladders put away for the season.
- Get the supplies for the knitted pillow all in one place so you can finish it!
- Get the rest of the better paint into the attic.
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Use up the ice cream base in the freezer.
- Put garden hoses away for winter.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
- Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason:
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Deferred because I have THREE containers of general metal polish. I want to use up at least one of those before I make up more. I sure don’t need 4!!!
Go thru the record collection, cull. First part done. Moving to in-process 10/27
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go. Two pairs to go.
Use up the eggplant from last week. Used the first one for Sunday’s dinner. 2nd one used Fri. lunch. (2 to go!)
Fertilize the lawn. Did the dooryard lawn and the lawn on the street side of the bulb bed. Tues. 4:30 p.m. Lots more to do!
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
Posted in backlog, cleaning up, Culling, dehoarding, Digging Out from Under, Getting Organized, Goals, Hoarding, home improvements, Making Home, New Habits, organization, projects, scheduling, self-interest, stuff
Tagged backlog, chores, getting things done, Weekend Backlog Catch Up!