Haven’t done one of these since mid-DECEMBER!!!
Living Room, Hall, Entry: caulk & trim paint, as needed.
Living Room: Coffee table that is there is too big. See if one of the tables in the attic will work as a replacement. Table removed from attic (3/1).
[Furniture is being replaced without a plan. Decide about coffee tables. Sell unused table. Add wall art. Bring down round coffee table. Maybe? Black & white rug: Finish up fabric strips. Scheduled for the spring/summer, most of this!]
Long Term: Trim against kitchen wall, window trim, stair rail. Replace interior trim on double window. Mod baseboards. Caulk/paint floor/baseboards. Move kitchen door? Replacement ladders for blinds. (http://www.fixmyblinds.com) Buy material, shorten the blinds. (Buy a miniblind used to play with to learn how before buying ladders.)
Stairs: Get them stripped and painted. Install the runners purchased 2/2017!
Hall: Replace smoke detector and add corner detail on doors (future). Sell the records, replace the cubes with the black table.
Kitchen: Make new plan without the Hoosiers and dismantle too-large counter? Install shelves where window used to be. Sell Hoosiers. (First one up for sale 12/10)
Remove crates from counter. Finish new window/shelf. Final paint on sidelight, new shelf. Find new homes for pieces stored in the crates — sell/donate or discard.
Dining: Remove crib rail? Candlebra?
Reuse the hanging baskets and/or rail elsewhere. Rehang cabinet. Paint drawer units? Paint china cabinet.
Sunroom: Finish putting wallboard on the kitchen wall.
Laundry: Renew paint. Long term: finish trim, Get switch thing set up. Storage bins.
Decide what to sell. Get bookcases upstairs and bays built.
Office 1: Clear/clean counter. Remove everything from bookcases; move them. Get sewing machine legs detached from base. Recycle, reuse, or dump. Put dresser in office. Stack on top of it (same size, and small) 2nd dresser, currently in the storage.
Pantry: Add trim and final paint.
Take old window bits to dump or store elsewhere. Put window trim in woodshed. Take stuff for sale to antique store or to storage so that it isn’t cluttering up the living room! Clothes & cloth need a serious culling! Started 12/15.
Bathroom: Clean corners, window. Caulk as needed. Repaint room. Match trim to the rest of the house. If new gallon is enamel paint and not the flat, paint bathroom? Replace floor and sink and required wall upgrade.
Bedroom: (Cull/Clean) Get tapestry on stretchers. Quilt rehab. New: Start making pattern to reupholster chair. Blue plaid project.
Blanket project. as finished as I can get it, without purchasing another piece.
Get the remaining base cabinet from kitchen, after fridge rehab. [Not going to be done. ] Move the bookcases. Build bays.
Remove the 2nd Hoosier. (Base is in my car, top piece also needs to be moved from the storage.) Move to smaller unit. Get the 2nd dresser home and bookcase donated/sold.
Sunroom: Get the windows done. SR door panel 27.5 x 64,
Get the online and computer files cleaned out. (Drafts here = 40 11/30
43 10/11, “Tally” page information (tab, this blog) moved to history 9/17.) Unsubscribed from 1 mailing list 2/17.
Wood stacking: 1 2 3 4 Counting this as complete, we never got the 4th load! If/when we do, I’ll put this “to do” back in. (3/1/17)
Writing: Memoir retype effort: 62.5% complete (I’m amused that I seem to do this in 3% chunks. I’m not counting or anything, it’s just that the sections are short, and it’s difficult emotionally, especially the first 3rd, so I’ve been doing it until I felt like quitting, then I let myself stop.) 3 stories into novel: Worked a little on one of the stories, call it 07% 9/20?Kitchen book: nothing new. Possible future editing jobs:
sold the next one, stories are being submitted.
clean up & print, make stickers/stamps Need to hire a pro for this I’ve decided. After the taxes are done.
Paper cull and counting: updated tally 3/1, will move 1-2/2017 to archive next time I update the page.
Canister labels designed. Most supplies procured. Still to do: print labels and use! Various technical issues which need to be resolved. My word processor doesn’t have the right label template. Avery doesn’t let you do a merge for their online template designer, etc. I need to order the correct magnets. Make tutorial.
The simple answer would be to cover the labels with scrapbooking or other paper and print clear labels to go over them. My last step was always going to be putting clear shelf liner over the label to make them waterproof. Most of the label issues have been resolved, mostly. Still a wrinkle or two before I make a tutorial!