Here’s the six list for Monday 1/15
Go through the dry stores, check if there’s anything you need? (And clean a shelf or two while you’re at it, ‘eh?) Finished Fri. 4:00 p.m.
Finish the first pass of the tax accounting. (Thru Aug Nov is done, Finish it!!!) Fri.3:30 p.m.
Go through the string bin: clean & cull. Weds. 8:15 a.m.
- (fill in)
Clean part of the fridge. Been doing this all week, a shelf or bin at a time, and where they’re stored. So far, I’ve cleaned the egg bin, the milk bin, and 2 shelves. . . . Decided I should give myself credit for the work!
Make appt for the septic clean out in the spring. Fri. 9:30 a.m.
Vacuum under the bed. Fri.4:15 Actually did the hall and around the bed. Vac. under the bed is an hour-long job requiring moving the bottom mattress, which I am not able to do now with my elbow issue!
The lists are not going to be updated tomorrow. Not because it hasn’t been 2 weeks since I’ve done it or anything like that.
I fell yesterday on a hill covered with snow on top of ice. Fell hard. I am bruised and swollen. I am going to the doctor tomorrow.
Hopefully, I didn’t do anything like crack my elbow, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I had. I fractured it, sigh. Has made everything go more slowly than it would have otherwise! Certainly it put paid to my ideas about getting the downstairs cleaned up, making Christmas bread, and clearing out the storage unit… I’m not supposed to lift > 2 lbs. Ack!
So, until further notice, I’m not writing blogs or updating “to do” lists!
Have a great holiday season, of whatever stripe you follow!
Posted in behaviors, dehoarding, disasters, future plans, healing, injuries, Making Home, Planning, scheduling, self-interest, writing
Tagged blog schedule, injuries, limitations: mine
Here’s today’s 6:
- Deal with the squashes from the farm.
- Make room with the cold cereal for the hot cereal to go too.
Sew the area rugs in the pantry together.Tues. 11/7 2:15 p.m.
- Get the island/kitchen side cleared.
- Update linked in.
- (fill in) Send checks to publisher and BIL.
Clean the upstairs doors.10:00 a.m.
- (fill in) Finish the freezer/fridge cleaning. More done, but not complete. 7:00 p.m.
- Work on the house binder.
- Clean out the small ice box.
- Get through the last of the tomatillos.
- (fill in) Get things put away in attic which need to go there and
pull something out which needs to go elsewhere. Sat. pulled something out.
- (fill in)Put laundry away.
- Clean the oven, so it’s clean before Thanksgiving!
- Dust the electronics in the office.
Clear the “hair trap,” i.e., the tub drain. Weds. 8 pm.
- Eat the last watermelon.
- Cull or add to the candle collection, as needed.
- Get the mittens, etc. (winter gear) out of the attic and swap in the summer bill caps, etc.
- Get the salt & sand next to the front door.
- Clean the couch.
- Get the coffee ad framed.
- Clean part of the upstairs that hasn’t been touched in some time.
- Double check the emergency supplies. (fill in)
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Put the grill away.
- Put the tile in the basement. (I recently acquired a LOT of mosaic tiles.)
- Get the ladders put away for the season.
- Get the supplies for the knitted pillow all in one place so you can finish it!
Get the rest of the better paint into the attic. Done Mon. 11/6, forgot to mark it!
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
- Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason:
Pick up the yard, put more items away for winter. 11/3 Chairs put away, hoses, hose table.
(All need to be covered.) Also not-so-great paint in the shed. Raked around the house, or most of it. (Need to pick up the piles.)
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Deferred because I have THREE containers of general metal polish.
I want to use up at least one of those before I make up more. I sure don’t need 4!!!
Go thru the record collection, cull. First part done. Moving to in-process 10/27, 2nd piece done 11/2
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go. Two pairs to go.
Use up the eggplant from last week. Used the first one for Sunday’s dinner. 2nd one used Fri. lunch. (2 to go!) done, 11/2
Fertilize the lawn. Did the dooryard lawn and the lawn on the street side of the bulb bed. Tues. 4:30 p.m. Lots more to do!
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
Find a new home for the basket which holds the “cat towels.” (Old towels used for whatever is needed: car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
4/35 or 11.4%. 5/35 or 14.3%
Cutting Down? I went through some websites/blogs I’d found about decluttering, going minimalist and other such. Found that as usual, the get rid of these things lists didn’t work for me. Either I already do it, or I am not interested (like get rid of every book you haven’t read/used in a year — seriously?). I also went through the how to declutter, etc. posts I found and deleted a few of those too. Not that they had no real purpose, but “get rid of kitchen items which are broken” (Done already, do it the day it breaks doh!) etc. not my problem.
Then I found one about declutting for your elderly parents or before real estate sales or such, and it’s a system with free printables.
I printed a copy of their “downsizing your home: room-by-room checklist” which is the first really helpful thing I’ve found which isn’t mine, in a long, long time. It won’t help with my style dilemma, but it might help peel another layer or 4 of stuff outta here. I’ve purged the obvious (the broken, duplicates, etc.) the stuff we didn’t know why we had, and now have gotten to the hard stuff, as I’ve said before (glass door knobs).
This may actually be helpful. Hurrah!
Out of curiousity, I tallied the items I’ve done since I started the week day lists. Total chores done? 144. Not too bad from mid Sept. to the beginning of Nov!
Posted in cleaning up, dehoarding, Digging Out from Under, future plans, Getting Organized, Goals, learning, Making Home, New Habits, organization, Planning, workarounds
Tagged backlog, getting things done, Monday's six, total