I have notebooks, pages, cards, file boxes of various sorts, tracking what I do or want to do. It’s a mess.
I started an index today with the idea that I will cull/organize the mountain of paper into a usable tool, or set of tools. Since this incorporates several years (decades?) of planning, successful and not, it’s not a small task and will take me some time. A week or perhaps longer. I took a pic of the dining table awash in paper, but have to download it.
It occurred to me that I’m overwhelmed with the various tasks I’ve set myself. The cull and clean up of the house and stuff is a daunting task. Also, I have these various bits and pieces which worked (and didn’t). I don’t want to throw away work when I don’t have to, but have no need to keep it all forever, either.
So, it begins!
- Loose-leaf binders for the seven levels of stuff cleaning plan. (2)
- Teacher’s attendance notebooks, also used for the seven levels. (2)
- Monthly Notebooks, for filing things which are done that way (12)
- Category Notebooks, for filing clippings (5, I think?)
- File boxes for the monthly notebooks (2)
- Garden clippings and book in another file box (1)
- Various cards, card pockets, and files (?)
I’m not sure what I missed, but I’m sure there are pieces not included in the list above.
It’s a mess.