I did something which shows me how things are different these days. Yesterday I gave away brand new packages of lunch bags and staples, to two different businesses. The lunch bags were given to an antique store who uses them to wrap china and glassware. The staples were given to the antique store where I have a booth.
In both cases, I have more than I think I’ll use in a reasonable time, without them.
I use about 1/2 package of lunch bags a year for drying herbs/spices. (And I reuse them sometimes too.) I had come to the end of a package and bought some, thinking I was out. When I went to put it away, there was another new package! I sure didn’t need another 50!
The box of staples came from a box of shop office supplies. I thought I’d folded in or deleted extras from the shop’s supplies long ago, but I found a box a few months back filled with labels (mostly tossed), the box of staples, and a few miscellaneous pieces. When I cleaned office shelves last week or so, I realized we had 2 complete boxes of staples, more than we’d likely need until oh 2050. I don’t expect to be alive or wanting staples by then anyway!
Previously, I would have kept them; in fact I did. These days? They’re clutter I can get rid of easily, and that’s great!
- Find something to do with the extra eggs.
- Make pepper jelly.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
- Make cookies with the frozen oatmeal.
Much of this is dealing with food, obviously. Partly because farm day was yesterday. But it’s partly because the other chores in/out are so far behind. I have to cook no matter what else happens most of the time, so this is an “easy” way to get the list pared down. If it’s a cheat, it is — sue me!
- Empty my desk, again.
- Cut more sage and other such from the garden. Kale Fri. 10/13, most of the rest of it 10/15. Need to pull some tarragon and that’s it.
- Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish.
- Clean off DH’s desk.
- Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Finish laundry room clean up.
- Weed the brick path around the veggie garden, edge it. in process, 1st quarter done 1:30 Fri., 2nd quarter and 1/2 the 3rd done Sunday.
- Move the lumber which needs it from the shed so it can be put away in the loft.
Work on grading the last pile of dirt.Fri. 1 p.m.
- Put family photos in the album.
Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
- Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.
- Do the last gather of flea market materials, last market is Saturday 10/
14date changed to 10/21
- Put ice scrapers in the cars, examine and see if they need replacement?
Ship the box to the BIL, make up more boxes of things which should be shipped and get them sent!I think I did this, although I’m not sure. I cannot find the box anywhere!!! Refound and shipped, sometime later. He got it mid/late Oct.
- Clear stuff from my car and run a vac through at least part of it!.