Okay, okay. Catch up. Today is hyper busy! The tile HAS to go into the basement today, it’s supposed to snow tonight. Also various other yard clean up things have reached criticality because of that. Not negotiable.
Organizing my day accordingly. I’m fighting off a cold, and will be so dirty after going in/out of the basement, hauling things to the sheds, etc. I will *have* to bathe. But I can’t go in/out of the house or up/down into unheated basement with wet hair.Guaranteed to make me sick. So the plan already started is:
Prep veggies for lunch/dinner soup. Get them started. (Done!)
Eat breakfast (Done.)
Move tile into basement.
Do other yard clean up until 10. Work on pantry. Bathe, Make/eat lunch, then see what needs to happen the most!
Last Friday, I used the day to eliminate a chunk of the backlog. That won’t happen today! Although I will use the list, if it fits, to include the chores I’ve just talked about.
Get the sand set up.Fri. 9 a.m. Get the onions stored properly.Fri., don’t know the time. Deal with the excess yams.Fri., don’t now the time. Get the trellises upright, again. (They fell down in the storm we had a few weeks ago.)Weds. 11/15
- (fill in)
Clean the entry.Fri. 2:20 p.m.
Add labels to the pantry crates.Thurs. eve. Clean part of a bookcase, any bookcase.Fri. 2:35 p.m. Deal with the farm food.Fri. don’t know the time. Grab last-minute food from the garden.Missed this, we had a hard freeze.
- Make sure there’s enough storage containers for the last glut.
- Dust the cuprack.
- Get some of the cleaned laundry hung up which isn’t.
- Do a short inventory of the meat in the big freezer. (Probably something like 1 chicken, 3 lbs ground round, and 1 other package of mixed chicken parts. . . but I don’t know exactly!)
- Get the rice in one place, instead of 2-3, as it is now.
- Clean, wax, organize the snow scoop, shovels, etc.
- Use the commercial napkins for their intended craft, or get rid of them!
Dust the stair fan.Sat. morning, don’t know the time.
- Get the odd pieces of insulation into the basement.
- Check the water heater’s filter, does it need to be cleaned?
- Sand some of the marks from the floor, at the edges.
- Deal with the squashes from the farm.
- Make room with the cold cereal for the hot cereal to go too.
- Get the island/kitchen side cleared.
- Update linked in.
(fill in) Send checks to publisher and BIL.Tues.
- Work on the house binder.
- Clean out the small ice box.
- Get through the last of the tomatillos.
- (fill in) Get things put away in attic which need to go there and
pull something out which needs to go elsewhere.Sat. 11-3 pulled something out.
- (fill in)Put laundry away.
- Clean the oven, so it’s clean before Thanksgiving!
- Dust the electronics in the office.
- Eat the last watermelon.
- Cull or add to the candle collection, as needed.
Get the mittens, etc. (winter gear) out of the atticand swap in the summer bill caps, etc. Fri. got winter gear from attic. 9 a.m.
- Get the salt & sand next to the front door.
- Clean the couch.
- Get the coffee ad framed.
- Clean part of the upstairs that hasn’t been touched in some time.
- Double check the emergency supplies. (fill in)
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Put the grill away.
- Put the tile in the basement. (I recently acquired a LOT of mosaic tiles.)
- Get the ladders put away for the season.
- Get the supplies for the knitted pillow all in one place so you can finish it!
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
- Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.
- Find a new home for the cat towel basket. (Old towels used for car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason
Pick up the yard, put more items away for winter. 11/3 Chairs put away, hoses, hose table.
(All need to be covered.) Also not-so-great paint in the shed. Raked around the house, or most of it. (Need to pick up leaf piles.)
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Deferred because I have THREE containers of general metal polish.
I want to use up at least one of those before I make up more. I sure don’t need 4!!!
Go thru the record collection, cull. First part done. Moving to in-process 10/27, 2nd piece done 11/2
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go. Two pairs to go. Fertilize the lawn. Did the dooryard lawn and the lawn on the street side of the bulb bed. Tues. 4:30 p.m. Lots more to do! Finished Fri. 11/10
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
Finish the freezer/fridge cleaning. More done, but not complete. 7:00 p.m. Move to on-going.
5/35 or 14.3% 6/35 or 17.1%