- Living Room: caulk & trim paint, as needed. Furniture is being replaced without a plan. Decide about coffee tables. Sell unused table. Add wall art. Bring down round coffee table. Maybe? Bring in Daddy’s rug — or get rid of it?
New: Start making pattern to reupholster chair.
Long Term: Trim piece against kitchen wall, window trim, stair rail. Replace interior trim on double window, paint/install trim against beam kitchen wall. Mod baseboards. Caulk/paint floor/baseboards. Look at “roller coaster” idea, fix if needed. Move kitchen door? Replacement ladders for blinds. (http://www.fixmyblinds.com) Buy material, shorten the blinds. (Buy a miniblind at some thrift shop to play with to learn how to do this before buying ladders.)
- Hall: Replace smoke detector (future). Add corner detail on doors (future).
- Kitchen: Make plan without the Hoosiers and dismantling too-large counter. Install shelves where window used to be. Sell Hoosiers.
- Dining: Remove crib rail? Candlebra? Reuse the hanging baskets and/or rail elsewhere? Rehang cabinet. Paint drawer units? Paint china cabinet.
- Attic:Decide what to sell. Get bookcases upstairs and bays built.
- Office 1:Clear/clean counter & take it upstairs. Remove everything from bookcases move them.
Bring in the dresser from wood shed.Stack on top of it (same size, and small) the 2nd dresser, currently in the storage. Get sewing machine legs detached from base. Recycle, reuse, or dump.
- Office 2: Move your office function downstairs.
Cull/Clean (general): Take old window bits to dump. Take stuff for sale either to antique store or to storage so that it’s no longer cluttering up the living room! Clothes & cloth need a serious culling!
Entry: Caulk as needed. Pantry: Add trim and final paint.
Kitchen: Finish new window/shelf. Final paint on sidelight, new shelf. Remove crate shelves on counter. Find new homes for the pieces stored there or sell/donate or discard.
Laundry: (longterm) Get switch thing set up. Storage bins.
Bathroom: Clean corners, window. Replace caulk as needed. Repaint room. Match trim to the rest of the house. If new gallon is enamel paint and not the flat, paint bathroom? Replace floor and sink and required wall upgrade.
Bedroom: (Cull/Clean) Get tapestry on stretchers. Quilt rehab.
Attic: Get the remaining base cabinet from kitchen, after fridge rehab. Move the bookcases. Build bays.
Storage: Remove the 2nd Hoosier. Move to smaller unit. Get the 2nd dresser home
Get the windows done. SR door panel 27.5 x 64,
Get the online and computer files cleaned out. (Drafts here = 40 11/30
43 10/11, “Tally” page information (tab, this blog) moved to history 9/17.) Unsubscribed from 5 mailing lists. 11/30.
1 2 3 4
Black & white rug: Finish up fabric strips. Cut more as needed. Blue plaid rug
- Memoir retype effort: 62.5% complete (I’m amused that I seem to do this in 3% chunks. I’m not counting or anything, it’s just that the sections are short, and it’s difficult emotionally, especially the first 3rd, so I’ve been doing it until I felt like quitting, then I let myself stop.)
- 3 stories into novel: Worked a little on one of the stories, call it 07% 9/20
- kitchen book: nothing new
- possible future editing jobs: no good news
- All-In-One Organizer:
monthly calendar page master design, organize sections,clean up, print, daily page master design
- Make stickers/stamps
- Books out, boxes?
- Canister labels designed. Most supplies procured. Still to do: print labels and use! Various technical issues which need to be resolved:
- My wordprocessor doesn’t have the right label template.
- Avery doesn’t let you do a merge for their online template designer, etc.
- Order the correct magnets. Make tutorial.
- The simple answer would be to cover the labels with scrapbooking or other paper and print some clear labels to go over them. I may do that, or may not. My last step was always going to be putting clear shelf liner over the label to make it waterproof.