- Spackle wall board prep completed for everything but the hall. We’re not sure we’ll have the paint to do the hall right now.
- Primer, 2nd coat: (as needed)
- Caulk/chinking: (as needed)
- Trim pieces cut,
painted,installed: between beams, up against beam on oak wallagainst trim piece kitchen wall (future). Two long pieces on oak wall, 3 on street wall.
- Final Paint: bookcase wall, hall walls (closet, bath, pantry), entry,
other interior stair wall, and stair rail wall, f door trim, other trim as needed.
- Cull/clean: get fabric to Jeannie’s for reupholstery. Window replacement on north side (trim removal done).
- (long term) Replace window interior trim and mod hall door trim to match front door (and get rid of those extra ledges!!!). Replace or modify baseboards for same reason. Sand, paint, and caulk floor. Move kitchen door?
- Look at the room re “roller coaster” idea, Fix? Move green cabinet to hallway? Move mirrors to interior stair wall? Get DH involved with this.
Prepainting: In broad terms what remains in the living room prepainting effort: whatever patching/prep is required in the hall.
Paint (final):Complete: kitchen corner to hearth to street window (oak wall), kitchen wall, street wall. Unfinished: interior stair wall,
room side large stair wall, hall walls, bookcase wall (needs 2nd coat and some detail work). The trim needs to be painted with the “enamel” paint we bought for that purpose.
Measure furniture. Make a floor plan so you move the furniture and books ONE more time, not more than that! Move couch. First 2 pieces of furniture back in place against the log wall. We may move them, again, but not until the room is completely back together. Huzzah!
Replace the windows which bracket the wood stove. This involves removing the
2 1 “extra” windows in the kitchen also removing the aged windows bracketing the wood stove. Then replacing the aged windows with the “extras.”
Hall: Replace smoke detector (future).
Pantry: Get trim primed (
3 2 pcs) paint walls add trim as needed and paint that too.
Kitchen: (Cull/clean) Get the 2nd Hoosier into the kitchen. Dismantle the f’n 30 square foot counter and redo it to something saner!!! (long term) Pull the windows, put in the new wall and windows. Finish the sink window trim.
Find, sand, prime the sidelight going up in the wall. Pull the 2 windows 1 which will replace the living room windows.
Laundry: (Cull/clean) (longterm) Get the switch thing set up so you don’t have to pull the dryer out anymore!
Bathroom: (Cull/Clean) corners, window, clear out.
Bedroom: (Cull/Clean) get couch downstairs. When reupholstered chair returns, put it here, not living room.
Attic: Get the remaining base cabinet in there (or elsewhere). Get the bookcases from office 1 into the attic. Get doors on the cabinet. Decide what from attic to sell: wrought iron tables, wallpaper lamp, other hanging lamps, plate rack, etc. and sell them. More work on the attic: 9/27, 9/28, 9/29, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2, 10/4 books & trash removed.
Office 1: . Get the counter cleaned. Remove everything from the bookcases and get the cases moved into the attic. Bring in the new dresser currently in the wood shed. Stack on top of it (same size, and small) the 2nd dresser, currently in the storage.
Clear off the blue desk. Sell/cull items awaiting that. (long term) Move the office function downstairs.
Dining Room: Take down candlabra, sell. Paint china cabinet and relocate the 2 Hoosiers.
Storage: Remove the 2nd Hoosier for the kitchen.Get at least 5 boxes out and deal with the stuff in them. Move to 10 x 20 unit. Get the 2nd dresser to the house
Garden: Continue, finish and keep up the weeding, so that the weeds don’t take over the yard and next year’s vegetable garden is a disaster accordingly! 9/11 was last time this was noted, but I’ve worked on it sporatically since.
Get the windows done. SR door panel 27.5 x 64,
Get the online and computer files cleaned out. (Drafts here = 44 9/11 “Tally” page information (tab, this blog) moved to history 9/17.
Rugs: Almost nothing done — removed completed piece from prototype as I found all the yarn and measured how much I have — no enough to finish the piece as it had been set up. The canvas is prepped, but that’s it at the moment. Found an error I’d made when I’d originally set up the canvas, am working on fixing that.
- Memoir retype effort: 62.5% complete (I’m amused that I seem to do this in 3% chunks. I’m not counting or anything, it’s just that the sections are short, and it’s difficult emotionally, especially the first 3rd, so I’ve been doing it until I felt like quitting, then I let myself stop.)
- 3 stories into novel: Worked a little on one of the stories, call it 07% 9/20
- kitchen book: nothing new as of 9/5
- possible future editing jobs:
nothing newno good news
Stamp images found for most chores on the list.
- Canister labels designed. Most supplies procured. Still to do: print labels and use! There are various technical issues which need to be resolved:
- My wordprocessor doesn’t have the right label template.
- Avery doesn’t let you do a merge for their online template designer, etc.
- The magnets I ordered are too big. They’ll be used on the fridge, but I need to order the right ones.
- The simple answer would be to cover the labels with scrapbooking or other paper and print some clear labels to go over them. I may do that, or may not. My last step was always going to be putting clear shelf liner over the label to make it waterproof.