- Edit List! This has gotten too big to be usable. I’ve edited the Living Room piece 10/31 I will continue to edit this as the week progresses.
Living Room: caulk & trim paint, as needed. Furniture is being replaced without a plan. Move typewriter/stand to its new home (wherever that is). After couch is moved, decide about coffee tables. Sell unused table. Add wall art.
Set up flat strap bookcases. Bring down the couch and round coffee table. Maybe? Bring in Daddy’s rug — or get rid of it? Figure out rugs. Replace : switches and socket covers, as needed. Cull/Clean: remaining fabric to Jeannies for reupholstery, adding machine to booth. Finish trim as needed.
- Long Term:
- Trim piece against kitchen wall, window trim, stair rail. Replace interior trim on windows, paint/install trim against beam kitchen wall. Mod baseboards. Caulk/paint floor/baseboards. Look at “roller coaster” idea, fix if needed. Move kitchen door? Replacement ladders for blinds. (http://www.fixmyblinds.com) Buy material, shorten the blinds. (Buy a miniblind at some thrift shop to play with to learn how to do this before buying ladders.)
- Hall: Replace smoke detector (future). Add corner detail on doors (future).
- Kitchen: Make plan using both Hoosiers and dismantling too-large counter. Not feasible?Sell one Hoosier.
- Dining: Remove crib rail? Candlabra? Reuse the hanging baskets and/or rail elsewhere? Rehang cabinet. Paint drawer units? Paint china cabinet.
- Attic:Decide what to sell. Get bookcases upstairs and bays built. Sell magazine table?
- Office 1:Clear/clean counter & take it upstairs. Remove everything bookcases and get them moved to the attic. Bring in the dresser currently in the wood shed. Stack on top of it (same size, and small) the 2nd dresser, currently in the storage. Get sewing machine legs detached from base. Recycle, reuse, or dump.
- Office 2: Move your office downstairs.
Cull/Clean (general): Take old window bits to dump. Take stuff for sale either to antique store or to storage so that it’s no longer cluttering up the living room! Cull down glove, scarf, hat collection, as appropriate. Clothes & cloth need a serious culling! Sold bookcase! Take desk chair to store for sale.
Entry: Replace coat rack, shelf 2nd small black bookcase. Polish ends and replace.
Pantry: Add trim and do final paint.
Kitchen: Finish new window/shelf. Final paint on sidelight, new shelf.
Laundry: (longterm) Get switch thing set up. Storage bins.
Bathroom: Clean corners, window. Replace caulk as needed. Repaint room. Replace trim to match the rest of the house. If new gallon is enamel paint and not the flat, paint bathroom?
Bedroom: (Cull/Clean) get couch downstairs. When reupholstered chair returns, put it here, not living room. Get tapestry on stretchers. Quilt rehab.
Put laundry on island away.
Attic: Get the remaining base cabinet in. x
Get hobby piece to the person who wants it.
Storage: Remove the 2nd Hoosier for the kitchen.Get at least 5 boxes out and deal with the stuff in them. Move to 10 x 20 unit. Get the 2nd dresser home
Garden: Continue, finish and keep up the weeding, so that the weeds don’t take over the yard and next year’s vegetable garden is a disaster accordingly! 9/11 was last time this was noted, but I’ve worked on it sporatically since. We had our first killing frost Halloween. Whatever isn’t done isn’t going to be done until next spring, pretty much!
Get the windows done. SR door panel 27.5 x 64,
Get the online and computer files cleaned out. (Drafts here = 43 10/11 “Tally” page information (tab, this blog) moved to history 9/17.
1 2 3 4
Rugs: Almost nothing done — removed completed piece from prototype as I found all the yarn and measured how much I have — no enough to finish the piece as it had been set up. Making a crocheted rug, with the macrame cord as a strengthener.
Iron more strips so you can finish the rug.Done! Now need to either find the next spool of cord or buy another. Then finish up the fabric strips.
Blue plaid rug, only concept has been considered. No actual design or work has been done. If I use the same method as the other rug, I have a LOT of string I can use. Cones of it! Hmm….
- Memoir retype effort: 62.5% complete (I’m amused that I seem to do this in 3% chunks. I’m not counting or anything, it’s just that the sections are short, and it’s difficult emotionally, especially the first 3rd, so I’ve been doing it until I felt like quitting, then I let myself stop.)
- 3 stories into novel: Worked a little on one of the stories, call it 07% 9/20
- kitchen book: nothing new
- possible future editing jobs: no good news
- All-In-One Organizer: monthly calendar page master design, clean up, print
Binder ordered Will be available Mon. afternoon. Order other pieces. Stamp images put togetherand then label or page made.
- Books out:
3 4 7 1 more to a neighbor. 10 donated.1 mailed to a friend2 to the dump’s swap shop
- Canister labels designed. Most supplies procured. Still to do: print labels and use! There are various technical issues which need to be resolved:
- My wordprocessor doesn’t have the right label template.
- Avery doesn’t let you do a merge for their online template designer, etc.
- The magnets I ordered are too big. They’ll be used on the fridge, but I need to order the right ones.
- The simple answer would be to cover the labels with scrapbooking or other paper and print some clear labels to go over them. I may do that, or may not. My last step was always going to be putting clear shelf liner over the label to make it waterproof.