Cleaning, Well, Re-Cleaning

Over a week ago, I was being hyper-productive. Then I quit, and the idea was that Monday this week I would pick it up, again, and keep going.

I haven’t — not the way I intended.

The laundry room is a disaster. The dining room a cluttered mess and the kitchen storage area hasn’t been cleared. In all fairness, I have worked on it, but only to the “spread things out” stage, not the “cleaned” stage which is supposed to follow.

I know what part of this is: I’m overwhelmed. When we cleaned the laundry room, there were two large pillow cases full of “hand wash” to do. When we got to the dining room, there were boxes and boxes of things which had been displaced and needed somewhere to go.

We also went to an auction early this week and got “stuff,” some of which had to be cleaned, some of which had to be sorted into lots to keep, sell and toss. And the obvious and easy place all of that happened was the cleaned areas: the laundry and dining rooms. Some of the auction stuff has deliberately been kept out of the house, but not all of it.

The two rooms are a mess, again.

This makes my job today restoration, that is to return them to their previous state. In the process, I might create a new “landing pad” for the new sewing machine, although I should take it, this morning, to the sewing/vac store to get it oiled etc. I also have a return to do and some cleaning supplies to pick up. DH took the return and the sewing machine to the repair place; he also picked up the cleaning stuff. There were problems re the machine, so he brought it home. We’re going to fix the electrical problems ourselves (I used to do electronic assembly work and he’s competent with electronics too.) then we’ll take the machine back to be refurbished the rest of the way. The wiring on the thing is shot.

The biggest auction lot has almost paid for itself already, with one sale. (It was 8 boxes o’ stuff). Unexpected, in amongst the other items was a largish box of scissors: pinking shears, manicure scissors, buttonhole scissors, regular shears, etc. The absolute worst of those was added to the dump’s metal bin Weds. The usable, but we sure don’t need them, are ready to be offered for sale in the booth as a lot, and have been set aside, ready to go. The rest of it will end up in one of my utility boxes — small wooden crates, at one point they held accounting sheets for some business. I used them at the shop to hold digest-size magazines. I have tape, string, and glue utility crates, and now, scissors and monofillament. My big problem with the utility crates is that right now they have no “home,” and they need one. [I think I’ll find them one before I go off to do my errands.] Done! The scissors and monofilament now share a utility crate, and the crates have a home. 9:30 a.m.

Yesterday we shipped the first piece of the auction lot to the buyer. We also boxed an awkward and large gift for someone. We decided shipping was prohibitive in cost, and we’ll see the receipient sometime this summer anyway, so the box was put in a closet. Another gift for the same person was gift wrapped and put in the closet too. I’d been moving around the boxed piece for years; it’s no longer clutter — yeah!

I’m off to go get my 2nd cup of coffee and go about my day. Have a pleasant Friday all!

J

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s