I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award by Liz Voce, of Sort-It, who regularly comments here. Thank you! Liz is a professional organizer in Canada.
The terms of the nomination are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
Done, except that as usual I’m having problems with links. I’ll have to research it — again.
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
Be happy to, see #1! Done.
4. Nominate 7 bloggers.
I’ll have to work at this a bit. Not finding bloggers, but posting the links.
I hate links or they hate me? I don’t understand why some of these just “work” the first time, some it takes three shots at it, and some never seem to work the way the others do. I’m pretty computer savvy, but not that savvy about web stuff. I’ll get better!
- 1. Suzanne McMinn who keeps whacking away at her farmer life with humor and determination, chickensintheroad.com
Don’t know the woman’s name,Kelly, I really LOVE her attitude, imperfecthomemaking.com
- 3. Robin, someone I got to know from Suzanne’s site above. Another who seems to just get a lot accomplished! (rurification.blogspot.com)
- 4. Heidi, one of the best frugalistas I know. Her life in Greece has been fascinating me for years. She stopped posting 8/12, when the Greek riots occurred. She’d had some equipment problems before that. Hopefully, she’s okay and will post again — soon! Still, it’s a beautiful blog with great food. ( homeingreece.wordpress.com )
- 5. Annie, an accomplished spinner and weaver at her farm (maplecorners.com )
- 6. Moose, a woman who accomplishes more than three other people! http://alifeindetails.wordpress.com
- 7. John-Bryan Hopkins, the only man of the group, who keeps me wanting to EAT whatever his food of the day is at foodimentary
5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.
See #1 above. I finally got links to work for all but 1 of these, and that’s taken me 2 hours — sigh. I’ll get the 7th fixed and finish this up. Done.
6. Post 7 random things about you.
- I was too tall to join the now-defunt American Midgets & Dwarfs’ Association.
- I like bananas and sharp cheddar cheese together. It’s odd, but I like it just the same.
- I use math to distract me.
- Although I grew up eating (and loving) fish, I gave up getting it regularly > 20 years ago. I heard a news report about dwindling fish stocks & decided we were overfishing and my part was to stop eating fish. (I fall off the wagon about once or twice a year.)
- I’m the only one in my blood family without at least a four-year degree. I went to college a lot, but only finished a two-year degree.
- I live in a log house, on the side of a mountain. I’ve lived near the beach, in the low desert, in the high desert, and the South.
- I know a lot of writers, somehow!
- I like many types of foods: spicy, sweet, sour, hot, bland — single foods or mixtures. I don’t know of a cuisine I don’t like, although I’ve managed to avoid eating bugs, and hope to forever!
Done! [Thank you God :D]