I’m not quitting. But I was getting overwhelmed, and starting to panic about all the outstanding chores. Instead of fighting it, I just listened to my body — time to quit for a while. Okay.
I really, really would like to have the living room cleared out for the holidays. I also would really like the dining room to be clean too!
What I did this morning? I swept the entry and the hearth. I cleaned the tools and put them away. The kitchen needs to be caught up, I was gone most of yesterday and didn’t cook, so it just accumulated dishes to wash, the usual.
Here’s the last list, with the things I’d done before now removed. I’ll do the usual strike thru and bold dates when I get something done.
Work on pantry. Put back together sometime in the past few days. 11/17 Make sure there’s enough storage containers for the last glut.Used up the containers I had, gave away some food. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Dust the cuprack.
- Get some of the cleaned laundry hung up which isn’t.
- Do a short inventory of the meat in the big freezer. (Probably something like 1 chicken, 3 lbs ground round, and 1 other package of mixed chicken parts. . . but I don’t know exactly!)
- Get the rice in one place, instead of 2-3, as it is now.
- Clean, wax, organize the snow scoop, shovels, etc.
- Use the commercial napkins for their intended craft, or get rid of them!
- Get the odd pieces of insulation into the basement.
- Check the water heater’s filter, does it need to be cleaned?
- Sand some of the marks from the floor, at the edges.
Deal with the squashes from the farm.Thurs. night
- Make room with the cold cereal for the hot cereal to go too.
- Get the island/kitchen side cleared.
- Update linked in.
- Work on the house binder.
- Clean out the small ice box.
Get through the last of the tomatillos.Sat. 11/18
- (fill in) Get things put away in attic which need to go there and
pull something out which needs to go elsewhere.Sat. 11-3 pulled something out.
- (fill in)Put laundry away.
- Clean the oven, so it’s clean before Thanksgiving!
- Dust the electronics in the office.
- Eat the last watermelon.
Cull or add to the candle collection, as needed.11/18
- Get the salt &
sandnext to the front door.
- Clean the couch.
- Get the coffee ad framed.
- Clean part of the upstairs that hasn’t been touched in some time.
Double check the emergency supplies. (fill in) Not sure of the date this was done, but it was.
- Put away the canning supplies if not in use.
- Put up the 3 missing hurricane clips
- Put the grill away.
Put the tile in the basement. (I recently acquired a LOT of mosaic tiles.)11/18
- Get the ladders put away for the season.
- Get the supplies for the knitted pillow all in one place so you can finish it!
- Clean the office chairs.
- Find a place to put away the dehydrator racks and do so when appropriate.
- Recaulk the bathroom as needed.
- Figure out a new way/place to store the yarn and put it away.
- Look at the stored snow tires. Need new ones? In the budget?
Examine winter coats for flaws, etc.Friday.
- Find a new home for the cat towel basket. (Old towels used for car washing, spill clean up, whatever!)
Chores on hold or in process, for whatever reason
Pick up the yard, put more items away for winter. 11/3 Chairs put away, hoses, hose table.
(All need to be covered.) Also not-so-great paint in the shed. Raked around the house, or most of it. (Need to pick up leaf piles.) Mostly done now., there’s an endless list of chores for the yard! 11/19
Make up/try the Naval Academy brass polish. Deferred because I have THREE containers of general metal polish.
I want to use up at least one of those before I make up more. I sure don’t need 4!!!
Go thru the record collection, cull. First part done. Moving to in-process 10/27, 2nd piece done 11/2
Wash the net curtains. First pair pulled from over the dry stores 4:30. Washed Tues. 10/24 a.m.
One pair to go. Two pairs to go. Fertilize the lawn. Did the dooryard lawn and the lawn on the street side of the bulb bed. Tues. 4:30 p.m. Lots more to do! Finished Fri. 11/10
Cull books from one “holding pattern” bookcases. Either they’re out or they stay!, in process Thurs. a.m. (I did the 1st shelf.)
Put family photos in the album. Can’t be done. Photos located, album missing!
Clean off DH’s desk. This is going to be delayed until he and I catch up. I pulled everything from the top drawer on his side of the dresser, we’re still going through all of that.
Finish the freezer/
fridge cleaning. More done, but not complete. 7:00 p.m. Move to on-going.
5/35 or 14.3% 6/35 or 17.1%