- Spackle wall board prep is complete, at least for everything but the hall, which we are NOT doing right now.
- Primer, 2nd coat: (as needed) and the street wall needs a full primer coat
- Caulk/chinking: Remaining: Clean up
- Trim pieces cut, painted, installed between beams, up against beam on oak wall against trim piece kitchen wall
- Final Paint: entire room (street, oak:
back corner to hearth, hearth, hearth to front corner, kitchen, bookcase wall, hall walls (closet, bath, pantry), entry, stair interior wall, and stair rail wall.
- Cull/clean: get fabric to Jeannie’s for reupholstery. Window replacement on north side (trim removal done).
- (long term) Replace window interior trim and mod hall door trim to match front door (and get rid of those F’n ledges!!!). Replace baseboards for same reason. Sand and redo floor. Move kitchen door?
- Look at the room re “roller coaster” idea, Fix? Move green cabinet to hallway? Move mirrors to interior stair wall? Get DH involved with this.
Prepainting: In broad terms what remains in the living room prepainting effort: clean up, full primer on front wall whatever patching/prep is required in the hall
on the stair walls.
Paint (final):Complete: kitchen corner to hearth to street window (oak wall). One coat: short kitchen log wall, 1/2 street side window, oak wall.
Blue stickies on the door (meaning job has been completed): 20 21 22
Measure furniture. Make a floor plan so you move the furniture and books ONE more time, not more than that!
Hall: Replace smoke detector (future).
Kitchen: (Cull/clean) Get the 2nd Hoosier into the kitchen. Dismantle the f’n 30 square foot counter and redo it to something saner!!! (long term) Pull the windows, put in the new wall and windows. Finish the sink window trim.
Laundry: (Cull/clean) (longterm) Get the switch thing set up so you don’t have to pull the dryer out anymore!
Bathroom: (Cull/Clean) corners, window, clear out.
Bedroom: (Cull/Clean) get couch downstairs. When reupholstered chair returns, put it here, not living room.
Attic: Get the remaining base cabinet in there (or elsewhere) and
the cabinet which came from the storage [cabinet in attic 9/22]. Get the bookcases from office 1 into the attic. Get doors on the cabinet. Decide what from attic to sell: wrought iron tables, wallpaper lamp, other hanging lamps, plate rack, etc. and sell them. (Crib spring taken to antique store 9/2016) Box of books removed and donated 9/26/16. More work on the attic: 9/27, books & trash removed.
Office 1: . Get the counter cleaned. Remove everything from the bookcases and get the cases moved into the attic. Bring in the new dresser currently in the wood shed. Stack on top of it (same size, and small) the 2nd dresser, currently in the storage.
Office 2: Clear off the blue desk. Sell/cull items awaiting that. (long term) Move the office function downstairs.
Dining Room: Take down candlabra, sell. Paint china cabinet and relocate the 2 Hoosiers.
Storage: Remove the 2nd Hoosier for the kitchen.Get at least 5 boxes out and deal with the stuff in them. Move to 10 x 20 unit. Get the 2nd dresser to the house
Garden: Continue, finish and keep up the weeding, so that the weeds don’t take over the yard and next year’s vegetable garden is a disaster accordingly! 9/11 was last time this was noted, but I’ve worked on it sporatically since.
Get the windows done. SR door panel 27.5 x 64,
Get the online and computer files cleaned out. (Drafts here = 44 9/11 “Tally” page information (tab, this blog) moved to history 9/17.
Rugs: Almost nothing done.
- Memoir retype effort:
57.9% 61.4% 62.5% complete (I’m amused that I seem to do this in 3% chunks. I’m not counting or anything, it’s just that the sections are short, and it’s difficult emotionally, especially the first 3rd, so I’ve been doing it until I felt like quitting, then I let myself stop.)
- 3 stories into novel: Worked a little on one of the stories, call it 07% now 9/9, 9/20
- kitchen book: nothing new as of 9/5
- possible future editing jobs: nothing new